Magellan Healthcare will continue to post updates and resources to magellanhealthcare.com/covid-19/ as they become available. This website includes the following resources:
- Dealing with anxiety related to outbreak
- Links to Crisis Communication, Mind Your Mental Health and Health and Wellness Library pages.
- Links to international, national and local information sources
The COVID-19 global pandemic is taking physical, mental and emotional tolls on our communities. See the tip sheet on addressing compassion fatigue and how to prevent it.
What is EAP?
Creighton is proud to offer an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for faculty, staff and their household members. The EAP is a no cost, confidential service administered by Magellan Healthcare, Inc. Whether you are just beginning your career, you have been working for several years, or you are nearing retirement, we recognize that you have changing needs at work and at home, and you could benefit from a comprehensive program designed to assist you with a variety of services including:
Services to help you on your life’s journey:
- Counseling, available in 5 different modalities
- Goal Oriented Coaching
- Online programs
- Legal assistance, financial coaching & identity theft resolution
- Work-Life Services
- Member website
EAP provides professional counseling, information, and referral services to faculty, staff and their families. The program offers confidential consultation on a wide variety of personal, family and/or work-related problems that may contribute to high levels of stress and interfere with health and work performance.
- EAP Services to Help You Through Life's Journey
- Work/Life Services - Save Time and Money on Life's Most Important Needs
- Work/Life Services Video Overview
- What to Expect When Contacting the EAP
- Legal Assistance, Financial Coaching, and Identity Theft Resolution - Help for Simple to Complex Problems
- BetterHelp Virtual Therapy
Two Ways to Use EAP
- Access their website at magellanascend.com. Here you'll find tips on everything from parenting to weight loss and depression. These services are free to you, as an employee, and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Call EAP at 800.424.4831. As an employee, you are eligible to receive up to 8 consultations per issue, per year. If the issue requires more than 8 consultations, EAP will refer you to the health plan and/or community for further assistance. If a referral is made to a private counselor or community agency, the individual is responsible through health insurance or personal resources for payment to the counselor or agency for all services rendered. Your dependents (spouses and children who qualify as a dependent status) may also use this benefit.
Coupon Savings are also available through EAP in your area.
As COVID-19 continues to spread, many people are anxious about the uncertainty. MagellanAscend is here to help by providing compassionate care and resources any time – day or night. Visit MagellanAscend and click on What’s Trending Information on COVID-19 article to access helpful webinars and tip sheets.
Coping with change
The year 2020 may have introduced more changes into the lives of Americans than ever before. Just when you’ve adapted to something new (such as working/studying at home), things change again. If you’ve struggled with handling changes, try making use of basic change management strategies. Learn more in this month’s newsletter.
- Momentum Newsletter- Don’t Neglect Mental Health [Spanish]
- Poster- Random Acts of Kindness Day [Spanish]
- Digital Sign- Managing Winter Depression [Spanish]
Challenges of a Post-Quarantine Workplace: Adapting to the “Next Normal” │ Wednesday, January 13
Join this webinar to:
- Gain an understanding of where we’ve been and its effect on us
- Discuss practical coping and adaptation practices
- Receive information on helpful skills and practices for successful transitions
work-life for employees
Start your year strong
As you start the new year and plan out the goals you would like to achieve, remember that Work-Life is available 24/7 to provide support and tools to help make your resolutions a reality.
Access Work-Life for information on:
- Local nutrition, wellness and fitness resources
- Financial resources and professionals
- Skill and career advancement tools
- Information on travel planning
- Home improvement professionals
Getting help online is easy! From webinars, live talks and audio to articles and downloadable guides, Work-Life provides insights and information to help you start your year strong. Call your program or go online to get started!