Magellan Healthcare will continue to post updates and resources to www.magellanhealthcare.com/covid-19/ as they become available. This website will include resources to:
- Dealing with anxiety related to outbreak
- Links to Crisis Communication, Mind Your Mental Health and Health and Wellness Library pages.
- Links to international, national and local information sources
The COVID-19 global pandemic is taking a physical, mental and emotional toll on our communities. Attached is a tip sheet on addressing compassion fatigue and how to prevent it.
EAP provides professional counseling, information, and referral services to faculty, staff and their families. The program offers confidential consultation on a wide variety of personal, family and/or work-related problems that may contribute to high levels of stress and interfere with health and work performance.
- Holiday Wellness
- EAP Member Services
- Work/Life Services
- Work/Life Services - We're Here to Help You
- Work/Life Services - How Our Process Works
- Legal and Financial Consultation Services
New employee Resource through BetterHelp. Watch this video for more information.
Two Ways to Use EAP
- Access their website at www.magellanascend.com. Here you'll find tips on everything from parenting, to weight loss, to depression. These services are free to you, as an employee, and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Call EAP at 800.424.4831. As an employee, you are eligible to receive up to 8 consultations per issue, per year. If the issue requires more than 8 consultations, EAP will refer you to the health plan and/or community for further assistance. If a referral is made to a private counselor or community agency, the individual is responsible through health insurance or personal resources for payment to the counselor or agency for all services rendered. Your dependents (spouses and children who qualify as a dependent status) may also use this benefit.
Coupon Savings are also available through EAP in your area.
As COVID-19 continues to spread, many people are anxious about the uncertainty of what is happening. MagellanAscend is here to help by providing compassionate care and resources any time – day or night. Click on the COVID-19 What’s Trending article to access helpful webinars and tip sheets.
Recovery and substance use awareness
Substance abuse isn’t a very well hidden disease. In fact, more than half of the U.S. population over age 12—or 165 million people—are current substance users (i.e., alcohol, drugs or tobacco). Learn more about how to help yourself and others with treatment intervention.
- Momentum Newsletter - Recovery and substance use awareness [Spanish]
- September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month [Spanish]
The Opioid Crisis: How We Got Here, Where We Are Headed, What We Can Do │ Wednesday, September 9
Join this webinar to:
- Receive an Opioids 101 overview
- Discuss ‘the perfect storm’, how we came to be in a crisis
- Explain opioid addiction in the brain
- Learn current relevant statistics
- Understand the vital role of the drug Naloxone and prevention
Stop the Stigma
Despite progress in recent years, many people still maintain inaccurate and stigmatizing stereotypes toward others with mental health difficulties. As a leader, it’s important for you to demonstrate understanding of those with mental health challenges, and to encourage treatment. Learn more.
Mental Health, Substance Use and Suicide Prevention Awareness for Leaders │ Wednesday, September 23
Join this webinar to:
- Learn the facts about mental health, substance use and mental illness
- Recognize warning signs of mental illness, substance use, suicide and work performance concerns
- Learn how to help and respond to mental health issues, substance use, work performance concerns and emergency situations
- Receive additional information on manager, supervisor and human resource responsibilities and specialized resources
WORK-LIFE FOR EMPLOYEES and MANAGERS
PREPARE FOR FALL
While the fall brings refreshing cool air, pumpkins and stunning foliage, it can also be one of the busiest times of the year. Work-Life is available 24/7 to help you with all of your needs this season. Access Work-Life for information on:
- Yard services and home improvement
- Maintenance and repairs
- Fall family activities and healthy recipes
- Relocation resources
Getting help online is easy! From webinars, live talks and audio to articles and downloadable guides, Work-Life provides insights and information to help you make your fall season a success. Call your program or go online to get started!